Businesses feel effects of fog
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Drivers along Highway 99 here battled another night of low visibility. The fog has no doubt impacted travel over the past few days. And, now businesses are also seeing its effects.
For the sixth night in a row, dense fog blanketed parts of the Central Valley, including Highway 99 near Adams Avenue.
We found a similar scene at Highway 99 and Chestnut. Jerry Banuelos of Easton stopped to get gas here. He says it's one of only a few outings he has been on in nearly a week. "Well, usually when you go driving down the road and when you wanna go somewhere out of town, you just look at the fog and go okay, obviously we can't go anywhere."
Banuelos isn't alone.
Employees at Brooks Ranch in Selma say the fog has prevented customers from coming in to the popular diner. Over the past few days, they estimate business has declined by nearly 50%. "Fridays we usually close at 9:30 a little later, but we ended up closing at 9.
Reporter: "Cause nobody was here?"
Employee: "Yeah, nobody was here."
Elsewhere, the fog has actually had the opposite effect. The garage at Travelers Body and Fender Works in downtown Fresno was bustling Wednesday.
Gary Ghilotti, an estimator with the company says this week's fog has brought them more vehicles than usual, thanks to weather related crashes. "Tow trucks, when the fog lifts, there are a lot of tow trucks dropping off cars in here, we hate to say that but yes, and it does enhance our business a little bit."NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, selma, fog, local, shannon handy
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 38 min ago
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case