Gas vapors complicate house fire in Fresno Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County firefighters are trying to figure out what started a huge house fire.
The fire broke out around 11:30 p.m. Wednesday on Church near Orange just south of the Fresno City limits.
A spokesperson with Fresno County Cal-Fire told Action News flames surrounded the 1,500 square foot home when crews arrived on the scene.
A broken gas meter also complicated firefighting efforts.
Investigators believe the flames damaged the meter allowing gas vapors to escape. A PG&E crew had to be called-in to help shut off the gas.
The home is considered a total loss and the Red Cross is now helping the two people who lived inside.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, pg&e, local
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno