Oakhurst teacher cleared in bully case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An Oakhurst teacher suspended from her job after a bullying incident - is heading back to the classroom. Elaine Brown received the news Thursday in a phone message from the district's superintendant. The district hired a private investigator to review Elaine Brown's case.
Action News spoke with the district's superintendent who says, as it turns out, Brown did nothing wrong when she told parents about an alleged bully in her classroom.
For the first time in nearly two months, Elaine Brown says she finally has reason to celebrate. On Thursday, her ordeal came to an end, after learning she'll be back in the classroom as early as next week.
Brown said, "Oh really happy. You know, really really happy. I really want to be back with my children."
Since then, her story has garnered national attention, including a recent appearance on Good Morning America, as well as Fox News's Bill O-Reilly show on Thursday night.
Brown said, "I'm hoping there's going to be a lot of change taking place over this; you know, people listen and take action when they minimize them. I'm really looking forward to seeing that change."
Change, Brown says her students need now more than ever.
The school and community have been shaken by the murder of five-year old Marijane Lewis on Tuesday, just days after two other Oakhurst Elementary Students Alexis and Jayden Montoya died inside their home from carbon monoxide poisoning. Jayden was in Brown's second grade classroom this year.
Brown said, "We've been in a hard and difficult situation all around with the deaths, with my situation and what we are going to learn from this and get stronger and better, not bitter."
The alleged bully in the center of all this has been moved to another second grade classroom. Brown is expected to be back on campus this Monday.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
oakhurst, madera county, local, shannon handy
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 12 min ago
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Teenage boy shot and killed in Tulare
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children
- Fresno State women win Mountain West title
- Car wash held to help family of murdered coach
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Man arrested after Hanford drug and weapons bust
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Mendota PD seeks arsonist after patrol car torched
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Photos: Photos of David Brenner through the years