Lemoore may house Navy fighter plane
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Navy's next generation of fighter plane could be coming to the valley.
The Navy announced - the new fleet of F-35C Joint Strike Fighter aircrafts may end up living permanently at the Naval Air Station Lemoore.
This is YouTube video of the F-35C provided by Lockheed Martin.
By 2015, the Navy plans to replace the current F/A-18 hornets with one hundred new, top-of-the-line F-35's.
NAS Lemoore along with Naval Air Facility El Centro were chosen from more than a hundred locations to be the home base for the navy's west coast fleet.
Residents can learn more about the proposal at an informational meeting at the Lemoore Senior Center, next month.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
lemoore, lemoore naval air station, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy