Suspicious death investigation in Auberry
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned that the victim in a suspicious death case is a 55-year-old woman from Auberry.
It happened early Sunday morning in the area of Frazier and Auberry Road in Fresno County. Sherriffs deputies blocked off access to about three trailers as investigators sent up their crime scene unit. Detectives went in and out of those trailers all day Sunday.
The Fresno County Coroner says the victim is a 55-year-old woman but wouldn't say how she died.
A neighbor who didn't want to be identified told Action News he heard some shouting from the trailer home around 7:30 Saturday night. The neighbor also noticed an ambulance and Sheriff's trucks around 9:30 Sunday morning.
"Just taking evidence out. They've been walking all around the trailers. Taking measurements, pictures and a guy had a little wheel he was walking along."
The neighbor told Action News that a man and a woman live inside one of the trailers and that they have a teenage son who lives in an adjacent trailer.
A county sheriff's crime scene unit spent more than seven hours at the scene. Several family members and friends camped outside of the residence throughout the day. They declined our request for an interview.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
auberry, local, tommy tran
- 2 dead after ferry sinks off South Korean coast
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Riverdale man is the newest lottery millionaire 36 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Woman says Covered California "saved her life"
- Action News talks with Mrs. California 50 min ago
- Disaster relief for cattle ranchers
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Memorial in place for fallen Merced police officers
- Moment of silence marks Boston Marathon bombings
- Overturned beer truck causes havoc during morning commute
- US backs Ukraine military action in east region