Suspicious death investigation in Auberry
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned that the victim in a suspicious death case is a 55-year-old woman from Auberry.
It happened early Sunday morning in the area of Frazier and Auberry Road in Fresno County. Sherriffs deputies blocked off access to about three trailers as investigators sent up their crime scene unit. Detectives went in and out of those trailers all day Sunday.
The Fresno County Coroner says the victim is a 55-year-old woman but wouldn't say how she died.
A neighbor who didn't want to be identified told Action News he heard some shouting from the trailer home around 7:30 Saturday night. The neighbor also noticed an ambulance and Sheriff's trucks around 9:30 Sunday morning.
"Just taking evidence out. They've been walking all around the trailers. Taking measurements, pictures and a guy had a little wheel he was walking along."
The neighbor told Action News that a man and a woman live inside one of the trailers and that they have a teenage son who lives in an adjacent trailer.
A county sheriff's crime scene unit spent more than seven hours at the scene. Several family members and friends camped outside of the residence throughout the day. They declined our request for an interview.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
auberry, local, tommy tran
- Huge tornado hits Oklahoma City suburb, kills 51
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos