Suspicious death investigation in Auberry
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Action News has learned that the victim in a suspicious death case is a 55-year-old woman from Auberry.
It happened early Sunday morning in the area of Frazier and Auberry Road in Fresno County. Sherriffs deputies blocked off access to about three trailers as investigators sent up their crime scene unit. Detectives went in and out of those trailers all day Sunday.
The Fresno County Coroner says the victim is a 55-year-old woman but wouldn't say how she died.
A neighbor who didn't want to be identified told Action News he heard some shouting from the trailer home around 7:30 Saturday night. The neighbor also noticed an ambulance and Sheriff's trucks around 9:30 Sunday morning.
"Just taking evidence out. They've been walking all around the trailers. Taking measurements, pictures and a guy had a little wheel he was walking along."
The neighbor told Action News that a man and a woman live inside one of the trailers and that they have a teenage son who lives in an adjacent trailer.
A county sheriff's crime scene unit spent more than seven hours at the scene. Several family members and friends camped outside of the residence throughout the day. They declined our request for an interview.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
auberry, local, tommy tran
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 9 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 25 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls