Kaweah Delta considered for a prestigious designation
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Kaweah Delta Medical Center in Visalia rolled out the welcome mat for a group of visitors that could change the future of the hospital.
Representatives of the American Nurses Credentialing Center arrived early this morning via trolley in Downtown Visalia. Hundreds of hospital staff members greeted them.
Kaweah Delta Medical Center is being considered for a prestigious designation called the Magnet Recognition Program -- awarded to only 21 hospitals in California.
The appraisers will spend three days in Visalia, but it could be two months before the hospital finds out the results.
Children's Hospital Central California is the only other magnet hospital in the Central Valley.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
kaweah delta medical center, visalia, tulare county, local, christine park
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes 5 min ago
- Parlier students get iPad Airs 51 min ago
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Accuweather Forecast
4 min ago
- Fresno State program gets students...
5 min ago
- Work underway on new mural in Downtown Fresno
12 min ago
- Proposition 30 allows Parlier students to...
52 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos