Kaweah Delta considered for a prestigious designation
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- Kaweah Delta Medical Center in Visalia rolled out the welcome mat for a group of visitors that could change the future of the hospital.
Representatives of the American Nurses Credentialing Center arrived early this morning via trolley in Downtown Visalia. Hundreds of hospital staff members greeted them.
Kaweah Delta Medical Center is being considered for a prestigious designation called the Magnet Recognition Program -- awarded to only 21 hospitals in California.
The appraisers will spend three days in Visalia, but it could be two months before the hospital finds out the results.
Children's Hospital Central California is the only other magnet hospital in the Central Valley.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
kaweah delta medical center, visalia, tulare county, local, christine park
- Oil slicks spotted in hunt for jet with 239 aboard 16 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos