Towing company helps donate to Poverello House
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A towing company that helped turn a recent big rig crash into something positive for Fresno's neediest families.
A truck hauling oranges overturned in the fog last Monday night on Highway 99 near 180 sending oranges everywhere.
After Caltrans cleaned up the mess, Action Towing hauled off the big rig which still contained thousands of pounds of perfectly good oranges.
But those oranges weren't sellable, so Action Towing donated them to the Poverello House.
A whopping 4,000 pounds went to the local non-profit.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
poverello house, fresno, fresno county, local
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety