Towing company helps donate to Poverello House
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A towing company that helped turn a recent big rig crash into something positive for Fresno's neediest families.
A truck hauling oranges overturned in the fog last Monday night on Highway 99 near 180 sending oranges everywhere.
After Caltrans cleaned up the mess, Action Towing hauled off the big rig which still contained thousands of pounds of perfectly good oranges.
But those oranges weren't sellable, so Action Towing donated them to the Poverello House.
A whopping 4,000 pounds went to the local non-profit.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
poverello house, fresno, fresno county, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors 24 min ago
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 30 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- 3 protesters killed in attack on Ukrainian base
- Gunmen attack Iraq military base, kill 10 soldiers
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Teen kicked in head taking selfie in front...
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide 23 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos