Family of General Vang Pao thanks Fresno Board of Supervisors
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The family of General Vang Pao thanked the Fresno County Board of Supervisors Tuesday for honoring the late Hmong leader.
The family is preparing for a 60 day funeral service which begins in Downtown Fresno on Friday.
They appeared at the Hall of Records to greet board members who adopted a resolution recognizing the General for his leadership in the Hmong community.
The family will also plant a memorial tree in Courthouse Park near the Hmong Veterans Monument in memory of the General.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 9 min ago
- USC routs No. 21 Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 18 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos