Family of General Vang Pao thanks Fresno Board of Supervisors
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The family of General Vang Pao thanked the Fresno County Board of Supervisors Tuesday for honoring the late Hmong leader.
The family is preparing for a 60 day funeral service which begins in Downtown Fresno on Friday.
They appeared at the Hall of Records to greet board members who adopted a resolution recognizing the General for his leadership in the Hmong community.
The family will also plant a memorial tree in Courthouse Park near the Hmong Veterans Monument in memory of the General.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno county, fresno downtown, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people 16 min ago
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos