High speed chase through Clovis and Fresno ends with arrest
FRESNO, Calif. -- Fresno Police say a gang member faces charges after leading officers on a high speed chase in a stolen car.
The chase ended around 9 p.m. Wednesday night in Central Fresno. Police pinned in the driver, and used a beanbag gun to get him to surrender.
The chase began about a half-hour earlier in Clovis, when officers tried to pull over the stolen car. They say the driver was going 100-miles-an-hour while Fresno Police followed in their helicopter.
Police say at one point, the driver dropped off a passenger in Northwest Fresno. That person has not been found.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
high speed chase, crimetracker, clovis, fresno central, fresno northwest, fresno, fresno county, local
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate 43 min ago
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- Suspected gang members arrested in Winton murder
- FDIC sues 16 big banks that set key rate
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Visalia man accused of sexual conduct with boy 38 min ago
- Valley residents seeing more black widow spiders
- Weather to warm up for CA Classic Half-Marathon
- States sue over California's egg laws
- Visalia school unveils new solar structures
- Sailor in iconic WWII photo dies
- 7 health apps you need to know about