Opening day for Fresno's Storyland and Playland
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The sunshine returned just in time for opening day of Fresno's Storyland and Playland.
Rotary Playland's rides and rollercoaster's provided a full day of thrills at Roeding Park while other families took a relaxing paddleboat ride on the park's lake.
Both Storyland and Playland will now be open each weekend throughout the spring and park managers say the goal is to offer affordable family fun.
"You can walk into Playland at no cost to you if you want. Rides you can buy by the ride, so you can buy tickets still at Playland, or an all day wristband, which is $13 for unlimited rides and entrance into Storyland for one person also," Barry Falke said.
Most of the rides and attractions at Playland got a new coat of paint in anticipation of the spring season and the park also got a new arcade.
This year marks the 56th season for Playland and the 49th for Storyland.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
roeding park, fresno, fresno county, local
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 4 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno