Opening day for Fresno's Storyland and Playland
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The sunshine returned just in time for opening day of Fresno's Storyland and Playland.
Rotary Playland's rides and rollercoaster's provided a full day of thrills at Roeding Park while other families took a relaxing paddleboat ride on the park's lake.
Both Storyland and Playland will now be open each weekend throughout the spring and park managers say the goal is to offer affordable family fun.
"You can walk into Playland at no cost to you if you want. Rides you can buy by the ride, so you can buy tickets still at Playland, or an all day wristband, which is $13 for unlimited rides and entrance into Storyland for one person also," Barry Falke said.
Most of the rides and attractions at Playland got a new coat of paint in anticipation of the spring season and the park also got a new arcade.
This year marks the 56th season for Playland and the 49th for Storyland.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
roeding park, fresno, fresno county, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos