Investigators: alcohol a factor in Tulare Co. crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 22-year old man died Saturday night in Tulare County when police say his car left the freeway and hit a tree.
It happened shortly after 9 p.m. at Highway 99 near Ave. 76.
The California Highway Patrol says the man's car went into the center median, veered back across the southbound lanes of the freeway and hit a tree.
The man hasn't been identified but investigators say alcohol appears to have been a factor in the crash.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
tulare county, auto, california highway patrol, local
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 12, abducted in Long Beach 21 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla 4 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery