Selma Police search for Hit and Run Suspect
FRESNO, Calif. -- Selma Police are asking for the public's help in tracking down a driver who hit and killed a pedestrian and then drove away.
The vehicle struck 27-year-old Ismael Enriquez Saturday night as he walked in a residential neighborhood, near downtown Selma. Enriquez died at the scene.
Police believe he was actually hit by two vehicles. One driver contacted authorities shortly after the accident and is now cooperating with investigators.
Police are now asking for the public's help to find the driver who initially hit the man and left the scene.
"They just drove off. That shows very little regard for another human's life. That is very disappointing that somebody wouldn't stick around," said Selma Police Chief Myron Dyck.
Witnesses describe the suspect vehicle as a car, but they couldn't provide additional details. Police say it would probably have significant front end damage.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
hit and run, crimetracker, selma, fresno county, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals