Selma Police search for Hit and Run Suspect
FRESNO, Calif. -- Selma Police are asking for the public's help in tracking down a driver who hit and killed a pedestrian and then drove away.
The vehicle struck 27-year-old Ismael Enriquez Saturday night as he walked in a residential neighborhood, near downtown Selma. Enriquez died at the scene.
Police believe he was actually hit by two vehicles. One driver contacted authorities shortly after the accident and is now cooperating with investigators.
Police are now asking for the public's help to find the driver who initially hit the man and left the scene.
"They just drove off. That shows very little regard for another human's life. That is very disappointing that somebody wouldn't stick around," said Selma Police Chief Myron Dyck.
Witnesses describe the suspect vehicle as a car, but they couldn't provide additional details. Police say it would probably have significant front end damage.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
hit and run, crimetracker, selma, fresno county, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos