Selma Police search for Hit and Run Suspect
FRESNO, Calif. -- Selma Police are asking for the public's help in tracking down a driver who hit and killed a pedestrian and then drove away.
The vehicle struck 27-year-old Ismael Enriquez Saturday night as he walked in a residential neighborhood, near downtown Selma. Enriquez died at the scene.
Police believe he was actually hit by two vehicles. One driver contacted authorities shortly after the accident and is now cooperating with investigators.
Police are now asking for the public's help to find the driver who initially hit the man and left the scene.
"They just drove off. That shows very little regard for another human's life. That is very disappointing that somebody wouldn't stick around," said Selma Police Chief Myron Dyck.
Witnesses describe the suspect vehicle as a car, but they couldn't provide additional details. Police say it would probably have significant front end damage.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
hit and run, crimetracker, selma, fresno county, local
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police 20 min ago
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Life or death? Jodi Arias jury deadlocked
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Dr. Joseph Castro named new Fresno State...
56 min ago