Bass Lake shooting suspect found dead
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Madera County Sheriff John Anderson says after an hour's long standoff, SWAT team members entered the man's Bass Lake house around 1 a.m. Thursday morning and found the man's body on a bed.
His name has not yet been released. Sheriff Anderson says the man appears to have shot himself in the head.
Authorities say the man shot and killed the woman and her attorney at Ducey's Restaurant.
Deputies have identified the attorney as Judy Soley of Fresno.
Friends of the woman say she and Soley were having lunch at Ducey's, after spending the morning in court for her divorce case.
Friends believe the suspect is the woman's estranged husband.
"The last few times I had seen him, he didn't seem to be himself and i know they were struggling and going through a tough time," Jerry Reed said.
Judy Soley was a prominent attorney who practiced family law in Fresno for almost 40 years.
An injury at birth left her in a wheelchair. She was the first woman to serve as president of the Fresno County Bar Association.
shooting, homicide, crimetracker, bass lake, madera county, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos