Bass Lake shooting suspect found dead
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Madera County Sheriff John Anderson says after an hour's long standoff, SWAT team members entered the man's Bass Lake house around 1 a.m. Thursday morning and found the man's body on a bed.
His name has not yet been released. Sheriff Anderson says the man appears to have shot himself in the head.
Authorities say the man shot and killed the woman and her attorney at Ducey's Restaurant.
Deputies have identified the attorney as Judy Soley of Fresno.
Friends of the woman say she and Soley were having lunch at Ducey's, after spending the morning in court for her divorce case.
Friends believe the suspect is the woman's estranged husband.
"The last few times I had seen him, he didn't seem to be himself and i know they were struggling and going through a tough time," Jerry Reed said.
Judy Soley was a prominent attorney who practiced family law in Fresno for almost 40 years.
An injury at birth left her in a wheelchair. She was the first woman to serve as president of the Fresno County Bar Association.
shooting, homicide, crimetracker, bass lake, madera county, local
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber 34 min ago
- Fresno State men's basketball to play in CBI tourney 32 min ago
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 2.8-magnitude earthquake hits Coalinga area
- Clovis sting busts adults buying alcohol for minors
- Church services remember those lost in NYC blast
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over California
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Authorities probe murder outside Merced apartment
- Gut bacteria: The secret weapon to weight loss?