Bass Lake shooting suspect found dead
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Madera County Sheriff John Anderson says after an hour's long standoff, SWAT team members entered the man's Bass Lake house around 1 a.m. Thursday morning and found the man's body on a bed.
His name has not yet been released. Sheriff Anderson says the man appears to have shot himself in the head.
Authorities say the man shot and killed the woman and her attorney at Ducey's Restaurant.
Deputies have identified the attorney as Judy Soley of Fresno.
Friends of the woman say she and Soley were having lunch at Ducey's, after spending the morning in court for her divorce case.
Friends believe the suspect is the woman's estranged husband.
"The last few times I had seen him, he didn't seem to be himself and i know they were struggling and going through a tough time," Jerry Reed said.
Judy Soley was a prominent attorney who practiced family law in Fresno for almost 40 years.
An injury at birth left her in a wheelchair. She was the first woman to serve as president of the Fresno County Bar Association.
shooting, homicide, crimetracker, bass lake, madera county, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno 55 min ago
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect