Selma woman arrested for beating nephew out on bail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Selma woman is out on bail after Fresno County Deputies arrested her for savagely beating her nephew.
Susan Figueroa, 28, is facing felony child abuse charges.
Paramedics found the 1-year-old boy with severe head injuries at a home on Monday. Deputies say Figueroa told them - the boy fell and hit his head on a small plastic table.
They later learned she had caused the injuries. The child was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center for emergency surgery.
He is now in Children's Hospital in critical but stable condition.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
community regional medical center, selma, fresno county, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case