Selma woman arrested for beating nephew out on bail
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Selma woman is out on bail after Fresno County Deputies arrested her for savagely beating her nephew.
Susan Figueroa, 28, is facing felony child abuse charges.
Paramedics found the 1-year-old boy with severe head injuries at a home on Monday. Deputies say Figueroa told them - the boy fell and hit his head on a small plastic table.
They later learned she had caused the injuries. The child was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center for emergency surgery.
He is now in Children's Hospital in critical but stable condition.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
community regional medical center, selma, fresno county, local
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Video: Fresno's homeless search for shelter from...
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
57 min ago