Valley gas prices are highest in 3 years
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- If you're planning to hit the road for the long President's Day weekend, prepare to pay more at the pump. Gas prices are at their highest level in three years.
Here in the Valley, Fresno drivers are paying an average of $3.42 a gallon for gas this week.
And according to AAA, in the Los Angeles area the average gallon of gas now costs $3.52.
Those prices are taking a toll on commuters.
"Given my commute I got to get to work, so that's what it is," Heather Filipini said.
"I'm spending $500 for only gasoline. The rest of my expenses I cannot pay it... because of gasoline," Vardoui Tatlyan said.
Analysts blame a number of reasons for the spike in gas prices, including worldwide inflation and the uncertain political situation in the Middle East.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
gas prices, los angeles, fresno, fresno county, local
- Marathon tragedy inspires woman to help save lives
- 16-year-old survives in wheel well of Maui flight
- Man dies following shooting at Fresno apartment
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate SoCal hospital attacks
- Sikh community celebrates Vaisakhi in Caruthers
- Grim work for families as more bodies discovered
- Yemen: Airstrike targets al-Qaida training camps
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial help
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- 7,000 Easter eggs rain down from helicopter
- Health Watch: 5 clues to Alzheimer's
- Consumer Reports evaluates top toilet papers
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Prizefighter Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76