4 in custody after SWAT standoff in Tulare Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A standoff outside a motel ended before 11 a.m. in the South Valley. Motel 99 is off Highway 99 near Tagus Ranch.
A SWAT call that investigators were working on for the last 11 hours ended safely Monday morning.
The Tulare County Sheriff's Department says that four people are in custody after they barricaded themselves inside at room at Motel 99.
Officers were called to the motel as a result of a Bakersfield Police Department investigation into a recent homicide.
"Just now, we actually attempted to send in a communication device. A cell phone type device that would allow us to communicate with them a little better. As we went that in, the door opened and four subjects, Hispanic males, did come out. Without incident hands in the air, all four are in custody. Right now we're verifying their identities and their involvement in any of the investigations that are going on right now," Sgt. Chris Douglass said.
Forty five people were evacuated as a result of this SWAT call. People from the hotel and nearby A&P Growers, a pistachio plant.
No word on when they will let back inside.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
tulare county, swat, crimetracker, local, jessica peres
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos