4 in custody after SWAT standoff in Tulare Co.
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A standoff outside a motel ended before 11 a.m. in the South Valley. Motel 99 is off Highway 99 near Tagus Ranch.
A SWAT call that investigators were working on for the last 11 hours ended safely Monday morning.
The Tulare County Sheriff's Department says that four people are in custody after they barricaded themselves inside at room at Motel 99.
Officers were called to the motel as a result of a Bakersfield Police Department investigation into a recent homicide.
"Just now, we actually attempted to send in a communication device. A cell phone type device that would allow us to communicate with them a little better. As we went that in, the door opened and four subjects, Hispanic males, did come out. Without incident hands in the air, all four are in custody. Right now we're verifying their identities and their involvement in any of the investigations that are going on right now," Sgt. Chris Douglass said.
Forty five people were evacuated as a result of this SWAT call. People from the hotel and nearby A&P Growers, a pistachio plant.
No word on when they will let back inside.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
tulare county, swat, crimetracker, local, jessica peres
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case