Free smog check offered at Fresno City College
FRESNO, Calif. -- This weekend is your chance to help clean-up the valley air and tune-up your car -- and it may not cost you a penny.
The San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District and Valley Clean Air now will be offering free emissions testing.
It's part of a program that's been in effect for several years now. If cars don't pass the smog inspection, the owner will get a coupon for up to $500 worth of smog repairs.
You can get your car checked out at Fresno City College this Saturday on McKinley Avenue near Blackstone.
The inspections will be done in parking lot D on campus from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Only the first 525 cars will be tested and only cars that are 1995 models or older are eligible.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, fresno city college, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law 24 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Schools prepare for new transgender law
27 min ago
- Accuweather Forecast
48 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos