Funeral services for Bass Lake murder victim
FRESNO, Calif. -- Sandy Williamson's funeral was a solemn, but uplifting remembrance of her life. Her brother, and a grandson, joined her closest friends in recalling her warmth, humor and faith.
Candi MacAlpine was her close friend and Pastor. "This is a time of celebration we're celebrating a life sooner than expected. But we are celebrating her life nonetheless. And we want to send that message out to others, to celebrate life."
Sandy Williamson's life came to a tragic end on Wednesday February 16th. She and her divorce attorney, Judy Soley were shot and killed while they were at Ducey's Lodge on Bass Lake.
The gunman was Sandy's estranged husband James. After killing the women he took his own life. Funeral Services for Judith Soley were held in Fresno last Monday. The Williamson's had been in a divorce battle for several years. But it was Sandy's whole life and not the last day of it that the 300 mourners came to remember.
Marci Bertalotto was one of Sandy's close friends. "I think Sandy was a person who loved life and that's exciting to have somebody who doesn't let circumstances get her down. She loved Jesus and she chose to walk with him and that made all the difference for her."
Fellow Church member Ken Carslon said he didn't know Sandy well, but came to pay his respects. "To think she was such a wonderful person and did so many wonderful things, I was pleased to be here."
MacAlpine hoped the service would bring the community together. "Celebrate one another celebrate who we are to one another, how we treat one another. Maybe it will help diminish some of the tragic things that happened."
Sandy Williamson is survived by two daughters, a son, three step daughters, a brother and eleven grandchildren.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
bass lake, homicide, madera county, local, gene haagenson
- Oregon teen accused of planning to attack school 31 min ago
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend
- Motorcycle officer recovering after crash in NE Fresno
- Senate District 16 could be headed to runoff
- Millerton Lake boating accident injures one person 27 min ago
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Man dies in Southwest Fresno shooting
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
- Obama: Nation must do more for fallen heroes