Chase ends outside Pismo's Coastal Grill in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- These photos taken by Sharon Killie Jenkins of Fresno show the dramatic end to a chase that lasted almost 40 miles.
You can see CHP officers drawing their guns and shotguns telling the suspects to get out of the car.
Louise Eisentrager watched it all. "Yeah it was scary. Of course like idiots stood out there and watched it over behind a palm tree. And they marched, they pulled one person at a time out of the car with their hands raised." said Eisentrager.
Police arrested the driver 37 year old Juan Ramirez for possession of stolen property. Ramirez also faces felony evading charges. 21 year old Tiffany Rogers, 20 year old Lina Walker and 24 year old Reuben Walker Jr. were also arrested on possession of stolen property. Both Lina and Reuben Walker also have outstanding car theft warrants.
The chase ended abruptly when officers say the stolen car simply ran out of gas.
"They were driving as fast as they could given the number of cars in this parking lot. But you know they didn't hit anybody." added Eisentrager.
"We parked it last night and woke up this morning to go to work and it was gone." said Kayla Mitchell.
Kayla Mitchell owns the red Mazda RX7. She reported it stolen early Wednesday morning and never thought she would get back the family's only source of transportation.
Reporter: "Are you going to maybe get a club or something or something in the future?"
Mitchell: "Uhh ... I don't know. I think we might fix the alarm that it already has. (laughs)." added Mitchell."NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
crimetracker, high speed chase, fresno, fresno county, california highway patrol, local, tommy tran
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos