Chase ends outside Pismo's Coastal Grill in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- These photos taken by Sharon Killie Jenkins of Fresno show the dramatic end to a chase that lasted almost 40 miles.
You can see CHP officers drawing their guns and shotguns telling the suspects to get out of the car.
Louise Eisentrager watched it all. "Yeah it was scary. Of course like idiots stood out there and watched it over behind a palm tree. And they marched, they pulled one person at a time out of the car with their hands raised." said Eisentrager.
Police arrested the driver 37 year old Juan Ramirez for possession of stolen property. Ramirez also faces felony evading charges. 21 year old Tiffany Rogers, 20 year old Lina Walker and 24 year old Reuben Walker Jr. were also arrested on possession of stolen property. Both Lina and Reuben Walker also have outstanding car theft warrants.
The chase ended abruptly when officers say the stolen car simply ran out of gas.
"They were driving as fast as they could given the number of cars in this parking lot. But you know they didn't hit anybody." added Eisentrager.
"We parked it last night and woke up this morning to go to work and it was gone." said Kayla Mitchell.
Kayla Mitchell owns the red Mazda RX7. She reported it stolen early Wednesday morning and never thought she would get back the family's only source of transportation.
Reporter: "Are you going to maybe get a club or something or something in the future?"
Mitchell: "Uhh ... I don't know. I think we might fix the alarm that it already has. (laughs)." added Mitchell."NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
crimetracker, high speed chase, fresno, fresno county, california highway patrol, local, tommy tran
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather