Fresno Co. man accused of stealing electricity to grow pot
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Fresno County man has been arrested for a different kind of theft. He's accused of stealing electricity and using it to grow pot.
Investigators say 54-year-old John Ankney has been stealing power from the home of an elderly neighbor for several months.
They say a handyman discovered sophisticated wiring leading from the victim's property to Ankney's home.
Authorities say Ankney first tapped into the PG&E lines directly after power to his home was cut.
When PG&E blocked that set-up, the man allegedly wired his neighbor's house. All of this to power a marijuana growing operation inside his home.
Ankney is charged with elder abuse and burglary.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, pg&e, local
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos