Kids Day: how you can still donate
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The 24th Annual Kids Day kicked off across the Central Valley Tuesday morning.
Thousands of volunteers in 20-different cities stood on street corners to sell a special edition of the Fresno Bee.
The money benefits Children's Hospital Central California and there's still time to get involved. It was a busy day for Kids Day volunteers.
So far, this year's event has raised $214,000 but the hospital is still counting.
And if you didn't get a paper you can still help out by using your cell phone.
Just text the name - "GEORGE" - to 90999.
$5 will be added to your next cell phone bill and the money will be donated to Children's Hospital.
Many volunteers were up early Tuesday morning, helping to the annual fundraiser a big success including one excited teen who served as this year's Kids Day Ambassador.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
childrens hospital central california, fresno bee, local, margot kim
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law 47 min ago
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge 52 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Sal's prepares holiday tamales
23 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos