It's Kids Day!!!
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Thousands of volunteers in 20 valley cities hit the streets as part of Kids Day, including Fresno Mayor Ashley Swearengin.
"My children have been served at Children's Hospital so I know how important it is to our community happy to be out here to help," said Swearengin.
Today marks the 24th Annual Kids Day to raise money for Children's Hospital. All you have to do is pick up a special "Kids Day" edition of the Fresno Bee. You can buy the newspaper all over the valley for just $1.
Thousands of Kids Day volunteers were on street corners across the valley to sell the special edition of the Fresno Bee.
Last year, volunteers raised more than $435,000 for Children's Hospital. All the money raised through "Kids Day" stays right here in the valley to help local kids.
ABC30 is a proud partner in this annual fundraiser for Children's Hospital.NEWS BY LOCATION | ABC30 BLOGS | DISCUSSION FORUMS
BECOME A FAN ON FACEBOOK | FOLLOW ABC30 ON TWITTER
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather