Madera County school bus driver accused in clinic, mosque attack
MADERA COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Madera man who drove a school bus in Chowchilla is in custody. His fingerprint linked him to several suspicious events last year.
37-year-old Donny Mower was arrested after federal documents say he confessed to a series of incidents around Madera County, including throwing a Molotov cocktail through the window of a Planned Parenthood clinic.
Mower is also accused of throwing a brick at a mosque last August. Worshippers were left worried after anti Muslim messages were posted around the center.
The U.S. Attorney says his actions brought fear to many people in the Muslim community. "Today we are back at the mosque to assure members of the congregation that they have nothing to fear," said Ben Wagner. "Hatred and intolerance are not American values."
A fingerprint lifted from a cardboard sign came back with a match for Mower. His print was in the system from when he applied to be a bus driver for Chowchilla Union High School District.
The FBI took over the case because of the serious nature of the charges. Mower is being charged with arson and attempted arson for the Planned Parenthood incident. He does not face hate crime charges at this time.
madera, madera county, chowchilla, local, sontaya rose
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes burns one home
- El Tapatio fire prompts two business to evacuate in Fresno
- Fresno Police open fire on suspect after bike chase
- Hundreds of UC Merced students receive their degrees
- Firebaugh man kills home invasion suspect with a sword
- Investigators look into Merced house fire
- California Classic Weekend half marathon
- Visalia PD cracks down on underage drinking
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Tornado-ravaged Texas town to start recovery
- Castaic-area brush fire fully contained
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos