"Red Bull Bandit" has been arrested
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The man investigators are calling the "Red Bull Bandit" has been arrested.
42-year-old Charles Anthony Burkhalter surrendered to authorities in Kingsburg.
Earlier this week police announced they were looking for Burkhalter in connection with a string of unusual robberies.
Investigators say Burkhalter is the man in this video. A suspect walks into a Fresno convenience store wearing a "Red Bull" shirt and poses as a representative for the energy drink company.
He tells the clerk, he's there to replace some expired drinks and removes several hundred dollars worth of Red Bull from the store.
The same suspect is believed to be connected to the theft of thousands of dollars worth of Red Bull drinks from convenience stores throughout the Central Valley.
scams, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, crimetracker, fresno police department, local
- Sheriff: Colo. school shooter wounds 1, kills self 43 min ago
- Kansas airport worker arrested in car bomb plot
- American missing in Iran was on unapproved CIA mission 58 min ago
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released
- Mega Millions jackpot raises to $425 million
- Fresno City Council holds public hearing on Westlake development
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- abcnews: Paul Ryan Says Presidential Ambitions Not...
- LA psychic, husband charged with curse scam
- California prostitutes win victim compensation
- Chaos, gunbattles, hungry kids in Central African Republic
- Lawmakers frustrated, optimistic about farm bill
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students