"Red Bull Bandit" has been arrested
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The man investigators are calling the "Red Bull Bandit" has been arrested.
42-year-old Charles Anthony Burkhalter surrendered to authorities in Kingsburg.
Earlier this week police announced they were looking for Burkhalter in connection with a string of unusual robberies.
Investigators say Burkhalter is the man in this video. A suspect walks into a Fresno convenience store wearing a "Red Bull" shirt and poses as a representative for the energy drink company.
He tells the clerk, he's there to replace some expired drinks and removes several hundred dollars worth of Red Bull from the store.
The same suspect is believed to be connected to the theft of thousands of dollars worth of Red Bull drinks from convenience stores throughout the Central Valley.
scams, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, crimetracker, fresno police department, local
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos