Vigil for birth defects in Kettleman City
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A candlelight vigil is being held in Kettleman City to remember those infants who died or suffered from birth defects.
Kettleman City mothers will help lead Tuesday night's vigil.
They are also calling for an end to the pollution they say caused birth defects in 11 babies over the past three years.
A state investigation failed to find the cause of the high rate of birth defects in the community.
Residents blame a nearby toxic waste dump.
Tuesday night's protest is at 5 p.m. at Kettleman City Park.
kettleman city, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
- Accuweather Forecast
10 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos