Shooting victim found lying in Clovis street
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Clovis Police are investigating the city's 2nd homicide of the year. Police found the victim lying in the street on Ezie and Ashcroft just after 3 a.m. Sunday.
They say he had been shot several times.
"We've heard gunshots in the neighborhood or firecrackers or whatever, but nothing like this."
Noralee pack is still startled---after waking up early Sunday morning to a heavily armed police officer at her door.
"Gentlemen in SWAT outfit with an assault rifle knocked on our door and asked if he could use our backyard, and asked us to stay in the house," Noralee Pack said.
Behind Pack's Clovis home--is where police found a man in his thirties lying in the middle of the street with several gunshot wounds in his chest.
Investigators say neighbors called just after 3 a.m. after hearing a series of shots being fired.
When police arrived-----no one, but the victim was in the area.
That's when officers searched a nearby home---where they say people had gathered for a barbecue just hours before the shooting.
"The officers went into the house that was associated with the disturbance just to make sure there were no other victims and none were found. An adult female and eight children were in the home at the time, but they were all unhurt," Calli biaggi said.
Police are not revealing details about what led up to this latest murder.
Meanwhile, neighbors say it makes them feel uneasy---in an area that for the most part, they've always thought was safe.
"My elementary school is right there. My children sleep in the front part of my house. Lucky, I sleep in the back. But what about my kids? And that's probably everybody's beef in the neighborhood...what about their kids?" Jennifer Hall said.
Police have interviewed potential witnesses. No suspects are in custody.
If you have any information, you are urged to call Clovis Police.
clovis, fresno county, shooting, crimetracker, local, shannon handy
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals