Thousands in the mountains are still without power
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- PG&E now says it may take 24 to 48 hours to restore power to people in Madera and Fresno Counties.
PG&E officials say 3,900 customers in Oakhurst and North Fork are without power Wednesday morning. In Fresno County 1,300 customers are still in the dark. Almost 600 customers in the Yosemite and El Portal area are also without power and power may not be restored until Friday or Saturday.
More than 100 Yosemite employees and residents packed into the El Portal Community Center Tuesday to find out when the park might re-open. PG&E now says they're working to get electricity back to the nearly 600 customers, but they say power may not be restored until Friday or Saturday.
Yosemite received three and a half feet of snow on the Valley Floor this weekend. With downed trees, fallen rocks, and no power -- the Park Service was forced to close Yosemite for the first time in 14-years.
A bridge in Madera is still closed Wednesday because of heavy flooding from this week's rain. Water gushed from the side of the bridge that crosses Avenue 13 and Road 30. County officials say water flowing through the canal is spilling over the street -- making it too dangerous to drive through. Cal Trans is monitoring the situation. Workers have not said when the road is expected to re-open.
In the South Valley, the City Of Visalia is offering up sandbags to the public. People can stop by any of Visalia's three fire stations to fill up bags for free. With more heavy rain expected, the city hopes people will be prepared if their houses are prone to flooding.
Fire Station #51: 309 S. Johnson St.
Fire Station #54: 440 W. Ferguson St.
Fire Station #55: 6921 W. Ferguson St.
oakhurst, north fork, yosemite, el portal, madera, visalia, madera county, tulare county, fresno county, local
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela 9 min ago
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Accuweather Forecast
56 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Nelson...
14 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos