Highway 140 is closed due to rock slide
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Highway 140 is closed this midday due to a rockslide. Caltrans says the highway is closed in both directions from El Portal to one mile east of Mariposa. Caltrans is working to clear the road but does not know when it will reopen.
Yosemite National Park is expected to be back open full time late today for the first time since Sunday's power outage. Thursday officials allowed visitors into the park to enjoy the snowy sights during the day time only.
Despite being open, the park remained mostly empty. PG&E crews say they expect to restore power to the park by this evening.
Right now over 500 customers are without power in Yosemite and El Portal. Some buildings in the park are running on generator power, including the Awhanee Hotel.
mariposa, mariposa county, local
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation 50 min ago
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos