Highway 140 is closed due to rock slide
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Highway 140 is closed this midday due to a rockslide. Caltrans says the highway is closed in both directions from El Portal to one mile east of Mariposa. Caltrans is working to clear the road but does not know when it will reopen.
Yosemite National Park is expected to be back open full time late today for the first time since Sunday's power outage. Thursday officials allowed visitors into the park to enjoy the snowy sights during the day time only.
Despite being open, the park remained mostly empty. PG&E crews say they expect to restore power to the park by this evening.
Right now over 500 customers are without power in Yosemite and El Portal. Some buildings in the park are running on generator power, including the Awhanee Hotel.
mariposa, mariposa county, local
- Crews search for Fresno man near Shaver Lake
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach over trash dispute
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.
- Fresno State launches Good Samaritan Fund
- Teachers are in demand at VUSD
- Report: Chinese site may show plane debris images
- California seeks to dam 3 Delta channels
- Gaza militants fire large rocket barrage at Israel
- 2 NYC buildings collapse, 2 dead, others missing
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- Jay Leno among TV Hall of Fame inductees