Highway 140 is closed due to rock slide
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Highway 140 is closed this midday due to a rockslide. Caltrans says the highway is closed in both directions from El Portal to one mile east of Mariposa. Caltrans is working to clear the road but does not know when it will reopen.
Yosemite National Park is expected to be back open full time late today for the first time since Sunday's power outage. Thursday officials allowed visitors into the park to enjoy the snowy sights during the day time only.
Despite being open, the park remained mostly empty. PG&E crews say they expect to restore power to the park by this evening.
Right now over 500 customers are without power in Yosemite and El Portal. Some buildings in the park are running on generator power, including the Awhanee Hotel.
mariposa, mariposa county, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 12 min ago
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised 9 min ago
- Yonhap: Captain of sunken SKorean ferry arrested 21 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River