Fresno stabbing victim found dead on a curb outside Walmart
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a stabbing that left a 17-year-old Hispanic male dead in Southeast Fresno. It happened just around 2:30 Friday afternoon in the area of Kings Canyon and Peach.
As for the victim, police found the teenager along the curb in front of the Walmart, after a group of people began fighting around 2:30 in the afternoon. Police are looking into several leads.
"We are working with our witnesses and our investigators, including gang investigators and investigators that have expertise in tagging crews," said Fresno Police Lt. Burke Farrah. "We'll be talking to them."
This happened just down the street from Sunnyside High School, which was locked down, because the suspects were seen running toward the school.
Police have no suspects in this stabbing death. They spent several hours searching for evidence. In doing so, Kings Canyon between Willow and Peach was closed off for several hours. Drivers were being diverted around the area.
The young victim's identity has not been released.
stabbing, murder, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos