Fresno stabbing victim found dead on a curb outside Walmart
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a stabbing that left a 17-year-old Hispanic male dead in Southeast Fresno. It happened just around 2:30 Friday afternoon in the area of Kings Canyon and Peach.
As for the victim, police found the teenager along the curb in front of the Walmart, after a group of people began fighting around 2:30 in the afternoon. Police are looking into several leads.
"We are working with our witnesses and our investigators, including gang investigators and investigators that have expertise in tagging crews," said Fresno Police Lt. Burke Farrah. "We'll be talking to them."
This happened just down the street from Sunnyside High School, which was locked down, because the suspects were seen running toward the school.
Police have no suspects in this stabbing death. They spent several hours searching for evidence. In doing so, Kings Canyon between Willow and Peach was closed off for several hours. Drivers were being diverted around the area.
The young victim's identity has not been released.
stabbing, murder, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- Fresno State's new president has been selected 41 min ago
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Mysterious illness kills 2 in southeast Alabama
- Merced Co. may allow fireworks in unincorporated areas
- FUSD gives lessons on eating healthy
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- ESPN layoffs are the latest in a series of Disney cuts
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley