Fresno stabbing victim found dead on a curb outside Walmart
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a stabbing that left a 17-year-old Hispanic male dead in Southeast Fresno. It happened just around 2:30 Friday afternoon in the area of Kings Canyon and Peach.
As for the victim, police found the teenager along the curb in front of the Walmart, after a group of people began fighting around 2:30 in the afternoon. Police are looking into several leads.
"We are working with our witnesses and our investigators, including gang investigators and investigators that have expertise in tagging crews," said Fresno Police Lt. Burke Farrah. "We'll be talking to them."
This happened just down the street from Sunnyside High School, which was locked down, because the suspects were seen running toward the school.
Police have no suspects in this stabbing death. They spent several hours searching for evidence. In doing so, Kings Canyon between Willow and Peach was closed off for several hours. Drivers were being diverted around the area.
The young victim's identity has not been released.
stabbing, murder, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- AMBER ALERT: Boy, 12, abducted in Long Beach 20 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla 3 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery