Fresno stabbing victim found dead on a curb outside Walmart
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police are investigating a stabbing that left a 17-year-old Hispanic male dead in Southeast Fresno. It happened just around 2:30 Friday afternoon in the area of Kings Canyon and Peach.
As for the victim, police found the teenager along the curb in front of the Walmart, after a group of people began fighting around 2:30 in the afternoon. Police are looking into several leads.
"We are working with our witnesses and our investigators, including gang investigators and investigators that have expertise in tagging crews," said Fresno Police Lt. Burke Farrah. "We'll be talking to them."
This happened just down the street from Sunnyside High School, which was locked down, because the suspects were seen running toward the school.
Police have no suspects in this stabbing death. They spent several hours searching for evidence. In doing so, Kings Canyon between Willow and Peach was closed off for several hours. Drivers were being diverted around the area.
The young victim's identity has not been released.
stabbing, murder, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, crimetracker, local
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn 4 min ago
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Photos: Easter traditions explained
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in Texas
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up