Officials: 4 gang members crashed going away party
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A going away party for a man joining the military turned violent when four gang members crashed the party.
It happened early Sunday morning at the Hilmar Grange Hall in Merced County.
Officials say four gang members began fighting with party goers, assaulting several of them.
Then, they tried to take off with cash donations for the departing soldier.
The Merced County Sheriff's Office arrested 19-year-old Lynn Thayer, 18-year-old Mario Ortega and 19-year-old Jesse Armenta for the attacks, along with a 17-year-old male.
They are all facing charges of armed robbery, assault, and being involved in a criminal street gang.
merced county, gang, crimetracker, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos