Officials: 4 gang members crashed going away party
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A going away party for a man joining the military turned violent when four gang members crashed the party.
It happened early Sunday morning at the Hilmar Grange Hall in Merced County.
Officials say four gang members began fighting with party goers, assaulting several of them.
Then, they tried to take off with cash donations for the departing soldier.
The Merced County Sheriff's Office arrested 19-year-old Lynn Thayer, 18-year-old Mario Ortega and 19-year-old Jesse Armenta for the attacks, along with a 17-year-old male.
They are all facing charges of armed robbery, assault, and being involved in a criminal street gang.
merced county, gang, crimetracker, local
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 14 min ago
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire