Pedestrian hit by several cars on HWY 99 in Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- One person is dead after getting hit by several cars on Highway 99 in Northwest Fresno Monday morning.
The Highway Patrol says a man in his 50's was walking across the southbound side of Highway 99 near the Shields Avenue off-ramp when he was hit.
The C.H.P. says at around 5 a.m. Monday morning the victim was stuck by several cars including a big rig and was declared dead on the scene.
Two cars that hit the victim left the scene.
The victim's SUV was found parked on the freeway's shoulder.
Authorities are still investigating the accident. The name of the victim has not been released yet.
fresno west central, fresno, fresno county, local
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather
- History of snow in Fresno and Porterville
- Madera man accused of murder faces unique circumstances
- Good Sports: Coach Mark Rogers
- Red Wave Gets To See Carr One Last Time
- Tips to keep cars running during cold weather
- Three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- North Korea deports elderly Bay Area man
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation