Power returns for most mountain communities
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Power has been restored to thousands of homes in the mountains of Fresno and Madera County after last week's storms.
In Oakhurst, crews spent the day cleaning up some of the damage and debris ... clearing broken tree limbs that caused countless power outages.
Some residents we spoke with in Bass Lake spent up to seven days without power, before the lights came back on Sunday night.
PG&E has restored power to nearly every home in Fresno County. And around 11:00 Monday night, 119 homes in Madera and Mariposa County are still without power from last week's storms.
oakhurst, madera county, fresno county, storm, local, shannon handy
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno
- Driver kills 2, injures 23 at SXSW festival, police say
- Searchers scour rubble after gas explosion kills 7
- Golden Gate Bridge survivor speaks at Fresno State
- Los Banos mom kicks teen in the head, police say
- Undercover: CPD stopping alcohol sales to minors
- Fresno police connect vintage car thefts to guns, gangs
- Fresno's most notorious mass murder remembered
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Photos: Incredible images from Colorado car chase
- Almond crop expected to take a massive hit
- Honey oil explosion ends with felony arrest
- Enforcing water restrictions in Madera County and City
- Requests to carry concealed guns surges in Calif.