Power returns for most mountain communities
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Power has been restored to thousands of homes in the mountains of Fresno and Madera County after last week's storms.
In Oakhurst, crews spent the day cleaning up some of the damage and debris ... clearing broken tree limbs that caused countless power outages.
Some residents we spoke with in Bass Lake spent up to seven days without power, before the lights came back on Sunday night.
PG&E has restored power to nearly every home in Fresno County. And around 11:00 Monday night, 119 homes in Madera and Mariposa County are still without power from last week's storms.
oakhurst, madera county, fresno county, storm, local, shannon handy
- Authorities are investigating a homicide in Fresno County 51 min ago
- Dr. Joe Castro named new Fresno State president 15 min ago
- FBI fatally shoots man in Boston bombing probe
- David Cameron: London attack could be terror
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Crabtree may have a torn Achilles tendon
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Mother of convicted rapist attacks ABC30 camera
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Dr. Joseph Castro named new Fresno State...
14 min ago