Woman killed in Parlier shooting; man hospitalized
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in Fresno County say a woman has been shot and killed and a man has been hospitalized. This happened in Parlier on Mendocino and Cypress avenues near Manning.
Raul Castillo, a neighbor, said he was in his front yard when he heard a gunshot. He said he then heard a loud commotion down the street from his house. "I just heard screaming and barking, I went down the street to see, it appeared that one guy was down on the ground and there were two or three guys beating up on him," Castillo said.
Castillo told Action News before investigators showed up he saw a fight in the street, he said the victim's brother was being attacked by the victim's teenage children.
"You hear gun shots and stuff, you don't want to get involved you stay at your house and be safe, that's all you can do," he said.
Police were not releasing much information about the death. "My understanding is that upon arrival, Parlier police encountered a large group of people," said Sgt. Leo Lopez, Supervisor for the Detectives Unit at the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
FCSO, which is leading this investigation, said it was just after 5 o'clock Wednesday evening that the Parlier Police Department was called to a house on the 1300 block of E Cypress, for a shooting.
When officers arrived they found a woman dead and a man, who they say is her relative, was sent to the hospital with unknown injuries.
"The person at the hospital, at this point, I'm not categorizing that person as a victim, we haven't determined what that person's involvement is yet," Sgt. Lopez said.
Their identities have not been released, but authorities are saying they are related. We're told there are no suspects in custody.
fresno county, parlier, shooting, crimetracker, local
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos