Woman killed in Parlier shooting; man hospitalized
FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in Fresno County say a woman has been shot and killed and a man has been hospitalized. This happened in Parlier on Mendocino and Cypress avenues near Manning.
Raul Castillo, a neighbor, said he was in his front yard when he heard a gunshot. He said he then heard a loud commotion down the street from his house. "I just heard screaming and barking, I went down the street to see, it appeared that one guy was down on the ground and there were two or three guys beating up on him," Castillo said.
Castillo told Action News before investigators showed up he saw a fight in the street, he said the victim's brother was being attacked by the victim's teenage children.
"You hear gun shots and stuff, you don't want to get involved you stay at your house and be safe, that's all you can do," he said.
Police were not releasing much information about the death. "My understanding is that upon arrival, Parlier police encountered a large group of people," said Sgt. Leo Lopez, Supervisor for the Detectives Unit at the Fresno County Sheriff's Office.
FCSO, which is leading this investigation, said it was just after 5 o'clock Wednesday evening that the Parlier Police Department was called to a house on the 1300 block of E Cypress, for a shooting.
When officers arrived they found a woman dead and a man, who they say is her relative, was sent to the hospital with unknown injuries.
"The person at the hospital, at this point, I'm not categorizing that person as a victim, we haven't determined what that person's involvement is yet," Sgt. Lopez said.
Their identities have not been released, but authorities are saying they are related. We're told there are no suspects in custody.
fresno county, parlier, shooting, crimetracker, local
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia 55 min ago
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Ukrainians in Fresno react to Crimea vote
- Child may be to blame for Fresno garage fire
- Crash sends Fresno police car into canal
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Merced police seek help to catch armed robber
- Magnitude-6.7 quake hits Chile's northern coast
- Consumer Reports: Skip extended car warranties
- Diamond 'Dogs swept by New Mexico 33 min ago
- 'Dogs women's, men's hoops set for postseason 47 min ago
- Oprah Winfrey to sell Harpo Studios in Chicago