Man critical after being shot outside a Fresno Shell gas station
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man has been critically wounded after a shooting in West Central Fresno. The shooting happened at a Shell station at Highway 99 and Belmont.
Investigators say someone opened fire on the man outside the store around 9:15 Tuesday night. A witness spotted a white sedan driving away and getting on to southbound Highway 99.
Police say the victim is in critical condition and is being treated at Community Regional Medical Center.
The southbound entrance to Highway 99 is blocked off while police search for clues. We're told this intersection will be closed for at least another hour.
We'll continue to monitor this breaking story and will bring you any updates as soon as we get them.
fresno, fresno county, fresno west central, shooting, crimetracker, community regional medical center, fresno police department, local
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Growers watch hourly temps as cold snap approaches
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover 4 min ago
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released 41 min ago
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home
- Blue jean bandits hit Eye Candy Fashion Boutique
- Man and two children killed in Merced fire
- Video: Fresno's Christmas Tree Lane sees big crowds