Lieutenant Matthew Lowe's mother remembers her son
LEMOORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- Lieutenant Matthew Lowe of Plantation, Florida and Lieutenant Nathan Williams of Oswego, New York both died Wednesday when their jet crashed into a field outside Naval Air Station Lemoore.
The 33-year-old Lowe was piloting the F/A-18 Super Hornet during a routine training mission.
His mother in Florida remembered her son's passion for flying.
"I know that he did what he wanted to do and he loved it. That's one thing that give me solace that he loved the military and he loved to fly and we loved him very, very much and miss him so very much," said Matthew Lowe's mother Pamela Lowe. People who knew Lieutenant Nathan Williams remember him as a young man who loved sports and music. His teachers at Oswego High School say Nathan excelled in playing the saxophone but his dream was flying.
"He wanted to be involved in flying and realized his dream and got it but my heart and I'm sure everybody in the community -- our hearts are broken for the Williams family at this point," said Nathan's teacher Anthony Joseph, "He's going to be desperately missed. I don't think any parent can possibly even fathom that -- our hearts are broken for the Williams family."
Training exercises continued as normal Thursday at N.A.S. Lemoore. A private memorial service is being planned there for the two officers. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
lemoore naval air station, local
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder 59 min ago
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- 2-year-old shot in the thigh in Atwater
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room fight
- 3 men die in sauna after drinking at Christmas party
- Serial killer missing after good behavior pass to see mom
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos