Fresno teens survive lightning strike
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two Fresno teenagers have an extraordinary story to tell. They got struck by lightning, and lived to talk about it.
16-year-old Jared Jaenke and 15-year-old Rafi Havatian were walking near the Figarden Loop in Northwest Fresno, when a powerful thunderstorm rolled through. They took cover under a large tree. But the teens were blown away, literally, when the tree was struck by lightning.
The lightning strike went through the tree and into a boulder, smashing nearby windows and knocking out a cable box.
The teens were not seriously hurt.
fresno, fresno county, storm, local, deshaunta bullock
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno 16 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Fresno teen with cystic fibrosis to get lung transplant
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 2 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in...
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos