Father allegedly kills son in Delhi
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Merced County Sheriff's Department is investigating a murder in the North Valley. The victim's friends say a man was shot and killed by his own father.
It happened at a home on the corner of Griffith near Harding in Delhi.
Investigators are not saying much about the murder, but friends say the father and son lived together and they have had a rocky past. They never thought their friend, 46-year-old Donald McDonald, would have been killed allegedly by his own father.
Yellow crime tape surrounded the victim's house for much of the day Sunday. Curtis Tipton and his brother Kevin tell Action News their friend Donald McDonald was involved in an argument with his father, Danny inside the house Saturday night.
"They got mad at each other, and the next thing you know, they went out of control," said Curtis Tipton.
Curtis says he was outside the house Saturday night when he heard the argument between Donald and his father get heated.
"I don't think Donald thought he would ever shoot him," said Kevin.
According to Tipton that is what happened. Tipton says when he heard what sounded like a fire cracker he ran inside to help -- only to find his own life threatened.
"Danny McDonald was standing there with the gun pointed at me."
Tipton said he called 911, but it was too late. Donald had been killed.
"I don't believe another man would shoot his own kids, his own kid."
They say Donald, a mechanic who was their best friend, will be greatly missed.
The suspect was in custody Sunday night. Merced County Investigators are expected to release more information about this murder on Monday.
This is the first homicide in Merced County this year.
homicide, shooting, crimetracker, delhi, merced county, local, rick montanez
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 1 min ago
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 29 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- Man dancing on power pole in Oxnard lifted...
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 32 min ago
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved...
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos