Free tax help offered
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- If you haven't filed your income tax paperwork yet, the deadline is one week away.
There's plenty of help available for those who need it, including the United Way's VITA Program.
VITA is short for Volunteer Income Tax Assistance.
It's a national program and for families who qualify, the services are free.
Workshops are being held through Wednesday at locations in Fresno and Tulare counties this week.
You can get VITA assistance at the Fresno Center for New Americans.
The address is 4879 East Kings Canyon
The phone number is area code 559 -255- 8395.
The tax due date has been moved to the 18th because April 15th, the usual date, is a holiday in the District of Columbia.
tax, fresno county, local
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley
- Vigil held for victims of gang violence in Porterville 27 min ago
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- FUSD fears losing millions for low-income students
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- Gang member arrested after ABC30 story comment
- Clovis crash leaves motorcycle rider in critical condition 36 min ago
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy