Coarsegold woman a finalist in Energizer campaign
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Coarsegold woman has been nominated as one of the top 10 finalists for Energizer's "Keep Going" Campaign to win $10,000.
The Energizer Bunny came to Fresno to honor Susanne Waite for the campaign which recognizes people who make positive contributions in their communities.
Monday, she was honored with $1,000 that will go to the charity of her choice.
But if she wins the battery company's campaign, she could get an additional $15,000 to donate.
Waite founded the Kennedy's Disease Association in 2000, which awards money to help fight the neuromuscular disease, a disease her husband is battling.
In order for Waite to win the campaign prize, people must cast a vote for her on the Energizer website.
coarsegold, fresno, fresno county, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe