Mimi's Cafe in Fresno raises funds for Shaela Warkentin
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Community support continues to pour in for a Fresno girl who was injured in a recent accident.
Tuesday night another local restaurant is hosting a fundraiser for Shaela Warkentin.
Shaela suffered some very serious head injuries in that accident.
Tonight Mimi's Cafe is donating 15% of the proceeds to Shaela's recovery if you bring in a flyer.
The event ends Tuesday at 10:00, but there will be three more days where you can dine in and donate to help out the Bullard sophomore.
You can also buy t-shirts, bracelets or even write hand written notes to Shaela. Friends say her health is improving everyday.
Shaela's friend, Abbey Cowan said "Every time I go to see her she's got her personality back. Her feisty, she's Shaela. That's what everybody loves to see you know. Her progress is great. From what she's gone through it's amazing to see where she is today."
Friends and family will be out at Mimi's again Wednesday as well as April 19th and 20th from 7:00 in the morning to 10:00 at night.
fresno, fresno county, clovis, local
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting boy 56 min ago
- Amber Alert issued for 4 LA-area children 39 min ago
- Missing jet flew for 6+ hours after contact drop
- Visalia shooting sends man to hospital
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies 33 min ago
- Chowchilla Western Stampede attracts visitors
- Merced County marijuana grow lands man in jail
- Vigil held for slain Parlier football coach
- Fresno kidnap, sex assault suspect changes plea
- 8 kids, 4 adults involved in SW Fresno crash
- Family remembers murder victim, forgetting killer
- West readies sanctions on Russia after Crimea vote
- Man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Good Sports: Clovis High baseball
- Accuweather Forecast
23 min ago
- ABC30's Stephanie Stone welcomes baby girl
15 min ago
- Visalia man accused of sexually exploiting...
55 min ago