Mimi's Cafe in Fresno raises funds for Shaela Warkentin
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Community support continues to pour in for a Fresno girl who was injured in a recent accident.
Tuesday night another local restaurant is hosting a fundraiser for Shaela Warkentin.
Shaela suffered some very serious head injuries in that accident.
Tonight Mimi's Cafe is donating 15% of the proceeds to Shaela's recovery if you bring in a flyer.
The event ends Tuesday at 10:00, but there will be three more days where you can dine in and donate to help out the Bullard sophomore.
You can also buy t-shirts, bracelets or even write hand written notes to Shaela. Friends say her health is improving everyday.
Shaela's friend, Abbey Cowan said "Every time I go to see her she's got her personality back. Her feisty, she's Shaela. That's what everybody loves to see you know. Her progress is great. From what she's gone through it's amazing to see where she is today."
Friends and family will be out at Mimi's again Wednesday as well as April 19th and 20th from 7:00 in the morning to 10:00 at night.
fresno, fresno county, clovis, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Fresno County jail inmate death labeled a homicide
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos