High pressure gas leak contained in SE Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Streets in Southeast Fresno are back open after a high pressure gas line burst Wednesday afternoon.
The fire department closed off the area of Maple and North around 2:00 in the afternoon, because of this. You could hear the hiss as the broken pipe sent gas spewing into the air.
The Fresno Fire Department says a road crew accidentally ruptured the natural gas line.
People at two businesses had to shelter in place and one business was evacuated.
PG&E crews had a tough time finding a shut-off valve in the area.
North Avenue was closed for several hours.
gas line, pg&e, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local, amanda perez
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 2 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian 18 min ago
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls