High pressure gas leak contained in SE Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Streets in Southeast Fresno are back open after a high pressure gas line burst Wednesday afternoon.
The fire department closed off the area of Maple and North around 2:00 in the afternoon, because of this. You could hear the hiss as the broken pipe sent gas spewing into the air.
The Fresno Fire Department says a road crew accidentally ruptured the natural gas line.
People at two businesses had to shelter in place and one business was evacuated.
PG&E crews had a tough time finding a shut-off valve in the area.
North Avenue was closed for several hours.
gas line, pg&e, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local, amanda perez
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno 33 min ago
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Brush fire in SoCal scorches 250 acres in Castaic area
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
- Grass fire contained in Fresno County
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Made in the Valley: Top O' The Morn Farms
- Suspect arrested after 2 county chase ends in crash
- Two officers wounded in Visalia shootout
- Police arrest two ID theft suspects in Fresno
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos