High pressure gas leak contained in SE Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Streets in Southeast Fresno are back open after a high pressure gas line burst Wednesday afternoon.
The fire department closed off the area of Maple and North around 2:00 in the afternoon, because of this. You could hear the hiss as the broken pipe sent gas spewing into the air.
The Fresno Fire Department says a road crew accidentally ruptured the natural gas line.
People at two businesses had to shelter in place and one business was evacuated.
PG&E crews had a tough time finding a shut-off valve in the area.
North Avenue was closed for several hours.
gas line, pg&e, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local, amanda perez
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County 54 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos