93-year-old man rescued from Bakersfield canal
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some dramatic video from Bakersfield after fire crews rescued a 93-year-old man who crashed his car into a canal.
The driver is former Bakersfield College President John Collins.
Collins crawled halfway out of the car through his sunroof and rescuers were able to get ropes and a life jacket to him.
A helicopter was used to pick him out of the water.
Fire Department Officials said sending someone into the water would've been too dangerous.
bakersfield, kern county, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 56 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
55 min ago