SCICON counselor pleads guilty to child pornography charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former South Valley camp counselor pleads guilty to charges he had child pornography on his computer.
Under the plea deal, Matthew Jones will be deported back to England, and will have to register as a sex offender.
Jones was working as a camp counselor at the SCICON nature camp above Springville in Tulare County when he was arrested earlier this year.
The 19-year-old admitted to using a camp computer to receive images of child pornography between last August and this February.
He's scheduled to be sentenced July 8th, and faces a sentence of five to ten years.
tulare county, springville, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos