SCICON counselor pleads guilty to child pornography charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former South Valley camp counselor pleads guilty to charges he had child pornography on his computer.
Under the plea deal, Matthew Jones will be deported back to England, and will have to register as a sex offender.
Jones was working as a camp counselor at the SCICON nature camp above Springville in Tulare County when he was arrested earlier this year.
The 19-year-old admitted to using a camp computer to receive images of child pornography between last August and this February.
He's scheduled to be sentenced July 8th, and faces a sentence of five to ten years.
tulare county, springville, local
- Feds look to protect frogs, toad in Sierra Nevada
- Native American remains found during fishing trip
- 18-month-old child dies in Kern County house fire
- Mariposa fire evacuees are heading home
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini, 51, dies
- Brian Calhoun pleads not guilty in student attack
- Fresno City Manager Mark Scott resigns
- Panel restores some pay for California lawmakers, governor
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test
- Valley kids get a new perspective on water
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Porterville to vote on gay pride proclamation
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos