SCICON counselor pleads guilty to child pornography charges
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A former South Valley camp counselor pleads guilty to charges he had child pornography on his computer.
Under the plea deal, Matthew Jones will be deported back to England, and will have to register as a sex offender.
Jones was working as a camp counselor at the SCICON nature camp above Springville in Tulare County when he was arrested earlier this year.
The 19-year-old admitted to using a camp computer to receive images of child pornography between last August and this February.
He's scheduled to be sentenced July 8th, and faces a sentence of five to ten years.
tulare county, springville, local
- Deputies shoot, kill suspect west of Fresno
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession 31 min ago
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station 49 min ago
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- California regulators propose coyote-killing ban 6 min ago
- More Latino than white students admitted to UC 14 min ago
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Easter Brunch recipe
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos