Man beaten and stabbed to death in Coalinga
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We're following developing news out of Fresno County where one person has been stabbed to death.
It happened at Keck Park in Coalinga Friday night, at the intersection of Monroe and Coalinga streets.
Investigators at the scene say the victim was playing basketball when he was approached by a group of suspected gang members.
They started beating the man with a baseball bat and then stabbed him to death.
Authorities detained two people for questioning, but the investigation is still ongoing.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for updates on this developing story.
coalinga, fresno county, stabbing, crimetracker, local
- Crews race to find survivors of Oklahoma tornado
- Jodi Arias asks for life in prison
- Standoff ends peacefully in Central Fresno
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- State senate special election approaching
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Impact of Oklahoma tornado devastation felt in Valley
- Photos: Aftermath of deadly tornadoes
- Madera County fire nearly contained
- Asparagus demand goes up as supply shrinks
- California cherry harvest begins
- California sheep ranchers face high costs, competition
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities