Man beaten and stabbed to death in Coalinga
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We're following developing news out of Fresno County where one person has been stabbed to death.
It happened at Keck Park in Coalinga Friday night, at the intersection of Monroe and Coalinga streets.
Investigators at the scene say the victim was playing basketball when he was approached by a group of suspected gang members.
They started beating the man with a baseball bat and then stabbed him to death.
Authorities detained two people for questioning, but the investigation is still ongoing.
Stay with Action News and ABC30.com for updates on this developing story.
coalinga, fresno county, stabbing, crimetracker, local
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified 41 min ago
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified 9 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies