Officials: Man killed in Coalinga a known gang member
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We have new details about a developing story we first brought you on Action News AM Live Saturday.
A 19-year-old is dead after being beaten and stabbed in Coalinga Friday night.
It happened at Keck Park, at the intersection of Monroe and Coalinga streets.
Investigators say 19-year-old Rafael Contreras was playing basketball when he was approached by a group of suspected gang members.
They started beating the man with a baseball bat and then stabbed him.
Authorities held two people for questioning, but the investigation is still ongoing.
Officials say Contreras was a known gang member.
coalinga, fresno county, stabbing, crimetracker, local
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
- Valley thieves target truck tailgates
- Valley thieves steal packages from front doors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos