Officials: Man killed in Coalinga a known gang member
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- We have new details about a developing story we first brought you on Action News AM Live Saturday.
A 19-year-old is dead after being beaten and stabbed in Coalinga Friday night.
It happened at Keck Park, at the intersection of Monroe and Coalinga streets.
Investigators say 19-year-old Rafael Contreras was playing basketball when he was approached by a group of suspected gang members.
They started beating the man with a baseball bat and then stabbed him.
Authorities held two people for questioning, but the investigation is still ongoing.
Officials say Contreras was a known gang member.
coalinga, fresno county, stabbing, crimetracker, local
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges 6 min ago
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'