Woman run over by train in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman suffered serious injuries Sunday afternoon after she was run over by a train in Downtown Fresno.
It happened near Diana and Divisadero.
Witnesses say they heard screaming and found the woman lying on the tracks. Her foot had been crushed by a train.
The woman was taken to Community Regional Medical Center for treatment.
An Amtrak train was slowed because of the accident but the train that hit the woman didn't stop.
Witnesses say it appears the train's conductor never even knew that he hit the woman.
fresno county, fresno downtown, community regional medical center, local
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Valley cities among those where residents feel least safe 18 min ago
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Honey oil safety class for firefighters in Fresno 40 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison