Woman run over by train in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman suffered serious injuries Sunday afternoon after she was run over by a train in Downtown Fresno.
It happened near Diana and Divisadero.
Witnesses say they heard screaming and found the woman lying on the tracks. Her foot had been crushed by a train.
The woman was taken to Community Regional Medical Center for treatment.
An Amtrak train was slowed because of the accident but the train that hit the woman didn't stop.
Witnesses say it appears the train's conductor never even knew that he hit the woman.
fresno county, fresno downtown, community regional medical center, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals