Woman run over by train in Downtown Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A woman suffered serious injuries Sunday afternoon after she was run over by a train in Downtown Fresno.
It happened near Diana and Divisadero.
Witnesses say they heard screaming and found the woman lying on the tracks. Her foot had been crushed by a train.
The woman was taken to Community Regional Medical Center for treatment.
An Amtrak train was slowed because of the accident but the train that hit the woman didn't stop.
Witnesses say it appears the train's conductor never even knew that he hit the woman.
fresno county, fresno downtown, community regional medical center, local
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Dentist sentenced for son's dentist chair overdose
- Fresno's bike lane battle continues
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Hotels helping displaced guests after Oakhurst Lodge fire
- Brad Pitt face blindness
- Clovis standoff ends peacefully, suspect in custody
- Top Valley grad rises from humble roots
- Three shot, two dead in Merced shooting
- Costco plans new store in Hanford
- Arrest made in Pinedale arson fires
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos