Big rig hits CHP car; 2 other vehicles in Madera
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It was a close call for a C.H.P. officer Monday morning after a big rig slammed into his patrol car on the side of Highway 99.
The C.H.P. said at about 8:30 this morning a patrol officer was responding to a disabled vehicle on Southbound 99 just north of Avenue 12. Just as the C.H.P. officer got back into his patrol car and fastened his seat belt, a big rig slammed into the back of his car sending the officer and his vehicle flying off the road. The big rig then slammed into the disabled vehicle along with another vehicle that came to help out.
Three people, including the officer were taken to Madera Community Hospital for minor injuries.
madera, madera county, california highway patrol, local
- NorCal teen brain-dead after tonsil surgery 14 min ago
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Teen shot on Third St. and Kadota Ave in Atwater
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos