Attempted kidnapping of 7-year-old girl in Earlimart
EARLIMART, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in Earlimart are investigating an attempted kidnapping of a seven-year-old girl.
It was reported Monday afternoon on Earlimart Elementary School grounds in the area of south Church Street.
Sheriff department detectives say a woman grabbed the second grader in the hallway and attempted to take her off campus.
The girl was able to get away and ran to her classroom where she told her teacher what happened.
The woman is said to be wearing a purple shirt and an orange skirt. She has brown, shoulder-length hair and drove a red two-door sedan.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Earlimart Sheriff's Department.
kidnapping, earlimart, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash 26 min ago
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building 30 min ago
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week