Guilty plea in Fresno County gang related case
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Two people accused of kidnapping and beating a 19-year-old woman in 2009 -- have pleaded "guilty".
Prosecutors say Monica Garcia and Richard Loera kidnapped the woman because they believed she was responsible for a Bulldog Gang member getting arrested.
The pair then took the victim to Garcia's house, bound and beat her, then threw her in a closet. Several hours later, they took the woman to an orchard, where Loera stabbed her sixteen times.
Loera was sentenced to eighteen years to life in prison. Garcia pleaded guilty to attempted murder and will be sentenced June first.
The victim survived that horrible attack. She's now in the witness protection program.
fresno, fresno county, bulldog gang, court, crimetracker, local
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder 53 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- 6 missing people found alive in northern Nevada
- Putin vows to beef up Arctic military presence
- Canada plans claim that would include North Pole
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks